10 TIPS & TRICKS FOR BOOK REVIEWERS
Before anything else, I just want to inform you that I’m in no way expert with this. I’m just giving tips base on my experience. So what are we waiting for? Let’s get going!
- Review should be at least 250 words. Make it short but precise.
- Review should consist of 2 parts:
- How you see/describe the book WITHOUT SPOILERS.
- Reason why you like/dislike the book.
- Review should be honest all the time. It’s not bad to express what you really feel about the book but before posting a review, at least think of something polite but honest.
- Make sure you’re doing a book review and not a book report.
- Make it inspiring and approachable. You’re doing a book review because you want to share your experience to other buyers that might be interested in buying the book you’re reviewing.
- It is best to use your creativity when writing book reviews. If you prefer a fun book review, it’s always best to use a little humor.
- There are circumstances that we tend to copy other book reviewers’ words unintentionally so it’s best to finish your book review first before reading others’ reviews. So that the idea when writing your book review’s unique.
- You shouldn’t be talking about the author on the review. You can add a little message but never talk about the author’s behavior.
- Write your book review as if you’re talking to a friend.
- Make sure your facts about the book are accurate.
So that’s all for today! I really hope this helps. I’ll be posting more of this soon. Good day and have a Happy New Year!