Rave Reviews Book Club
TC Booth is a teacher in the small Northeast Ohio town where she was born and raised. She lives with her husband, her four children (ages13-23), her dog Sammy, and two cats, Sheldon and Sasha.
TC Booth views books as the best form of entertainment and her favorite escape from life’s stresses. She prefers reading to watching movies and would rather write than do most anything else. When TC is not busy attending her children’s sporting events or running them from place to place, you’ll find her writing on her laptop, iPad, or maybe jotting ideas on one of her phone apps.
A self-proclaimed young adult fiction addict, TC finds the passion in which young people experience life to be contagious. That passion is the driving force of her writing.
A Day in the Life of a Writer/Teacher/Mom
On a typical day I wear three hats. My mom hat, teacher hat, and writer hat. It can be overwhelming, stressful, and rewarding all rolled into one. I would say that of the three hats, the writing could go, I don’t have to do that. But the truth is I do have to write. It’s my escape…my stress relief. Besides that, my mind won’t let me not write. I’m constantly thinking about it!
Here’s a peek at a typical day for me.
- Get up in the morning and write for an hour. (My coffee cup is my friend during that time.)
- Get ready for work, drop my son of at the middle school, and head to my school.
- Teach twenty-seven third graders all day.
- Fix supper, pick up my son from practice. I check with each of my four kids to see how their day went. The girls are older. Two are in high school and one is finishing up college, but lives at home.
- Grade papers. I think of writing as my reward once I get this done.
- Go to bed.
There you have it. A typical day for a writer slash, teacher slash, mom.
To learn more about TC Booth or to purchase her books, please visit:
Amazon Author Page: http://bit.ly/TCBooth
Twitter handle: @BoothTammi