So to start with, How did I ever decided to read this book?
To be exact, I have loads of ebooks and books. I don’t read books by it’s publishing date (that would be ridiculous) but I based it from my feelings or mood on that current day.
I don’t usually read books that often because of school so I only had my weekend to read. As a result, I don’t have that much time to read series so instead, I try to read books that doesn’t have a sequel. Reading book series is the best but in my situation I would say nah-uh.
Enough with that! Let’s go straight with the book review. So first of all, the most highlighted part I loved about this book were the song lyrics and the quotes/lines I got from the characters. Here are some:
1. “If I can’t even accurately judge the people closest to me, then I can’t trust anyone. Ever. I hate them for taking that away from me. Now, no matter who comes into my life after this, I’ll always be skeptical.”
2. “Truths are written, never said”
3. “He was telling me then that lyrics have truth behind them, because they come from somewhere inside the person who wrote them.”
4. “How can two good people who both have such good intentions end up with feelings, derived from all the goodness, that are so incredibly bad?”
5. “It’s not so easy when you’re trying to win a war against the heart.”
6. “Despite how hard we tried to fight it, all of those things happened between us because our feelings for each other are becoming so much stronger than our desire. Desire is easy to fight. Especially when the only weapon desire possesses is attraction.”
Excerpt From: Colleen, Hoover. “Maybe Someday.”
While I was at the middle of the book reading, I was surprised to know Ridge couldn’t hear–simply deaf. I was shocked to know that a person who’s deaf and can’t speak (actually, he can speak but he chose not to because of his father) would be able to play guitar so well. That’s natural talent, people!
To be honest to y’all, I’m not really interested in books that contains dissabilities ’cause I get traumatized. Except for this book, instead it did gave me inspiration.
At first, I didn’t like the connection or sparks that are between Ridge and Sydney. Not that I’m saying I’m into Ridge and Maggie (Ridge’s girlfriend) but I just didn’t like Ridge for Sydney. I mean, Ridge has a girlfriend. Doesn’t it make a clear point that they can’t be together? That what they’re doing is definitely CHEATING?
Those were my thoughts before. Until I read the part where they tried to stop their feelings for each other. That they’re doing the wrong thing and it should be stopped. I love that they both tried to make a way to make everything right.
Sydney didn’t want Maggie to feel what she did. Ridge didn’t want to cheat on Maggie.
In the end, love/desire won over. Maggie discovered their feelings for each other and I’m literally surprised that she isn’t angry (well, she wanted to be angry but she just can’t) and instead, she did understand them.
Over all, the main thing I learned in this book was.. it doesn’t matter how long your relationship has been going, because there’s always this possibility that you’ll meet other people and that there are moments in your life when you just feel so confused to/on what you feel that you didn’t know exactly what you want. That maybe you’re just pushing yourself to love that person because you already made a promise and a seal.
The book was amazing! My expectations where beyond reached.
|!| That’s all for my first book review! If you already read this, make sure to give it a like (if you want) and comment down below whether you already read this book or just thoughts and insights about my review. I’m open for book review requests! |!| © 2015 Bea Flores All Rights Reserved